- Does Assist@Home Quality Care employ the Caregivers, or are they “independent contractors”? If you do not employ the staff, will I be considered an employer by the IRS?
ASSIST@HOME Quality Care is a Full service Home Care Agency and as such is the Employer of Record. We do not provide service using independent contractor caregivers.
- Does Assist@Home Quality Care carry Liability Insurance?
- Are the Caregivers bonded?
- Do you carry Worker’s Compensation insurance to protect clients from being sued if an employee is hurt on the job?
Yes! As the Employer of Record, we pay for Worker’s Compensation Insurance. We have an excellent history and rating.
- Are Caregivers supervised? Is the supervisor available 24/7 in case of an emergency?
Yes! We do in home quality assessments as needed. Moreover, our staff provides daily Care Notes for each shift for each client served. A supervisor will respond to calls 24/7/365.
- What will happen if my loved one(s) don’t get along with this Caregiver? How easily can she/he be replaced?
Our process enables us to know our clients needs and wants and provide a Caregiver to fulfill them. We employ a conflict resolution policy that will replace a Caregiver in one shift or less, if need be.
- Who will take care of my loved one(s) if the Caregiver is unable to work due to an emergency or illness?
We have plenty of Caregiver’s on call. We have NEVER left a client in need, unattended, ever.
- What background checks do you perform before hiring a Caregiver?
We have an extensive, proprietary employment application process. In addition, we perform the following checks on every Caregiver:
- Social security verification- I-9 check
- Federal Criminal Nationwide check
- Statewide Criminal check
- Local County Criminal check
- Nationwide Sexual Predator check
- WI DMV check. If they have more than 2 tickets in 3 years, we do not hire them because our insurance won’t cover them
- Reference checks
- Do you take long-term care insurance? How does that work?
Yes! While we do not usually take the “assignment of benefits”, Assist@Home Quality Care services are reimbursed by the following long-term care insurance agencies: Genworth, John Hancock, Calpers, Met-Life, Thirivent, Banker’s Life, Penn Treaty, CNA and Conseco. As an additional free service to our clients, we submit our weekly invoices and our Care Notes to BOTH the client and the insurer. This process is used with the entire above named insurer’s.
- What cities do you support?
We cover all of Waukesha County including the cities of Brookfield, Butler, Delafield, Elm Grove, Hartland, Menomonee Falls, Merton, Mukwonago, Muskego, New Berlin, Oconomowoc, Pewaukee, Sussex, Waukesha, Milwaukee County including the cities of Cudahy, Franklin, Greendale, Greenfield, Hales Corners, Milwaukee, St Francis, South Milwaukee, Wauwatosa, West Allis, West Milwaukee, and select cities in the surrounding counties.
ASSIST@HOME Quality Care