Making sure your loved one takes their medication is never easy. However, there are medication management services for seniors to simplify the process. Using the latest technology, hundreds of devices, mobile apps, and alarm clocks can provide caregivers with the assistance they need. We rounded up a few examples to ensure your loved one receives the proper dosages.
Medication Alarms for Seniors
Keeping track of medication reminders for the elderly can be difficult on your own but luckily, there are several multi-function alarm clocks to make the process easier. Here is our roundup of alarms your loved ones can use:
- Med-Q Digital Pill Box Dispenser
- This medication reminder device is an alarm clock and pill box dispenser built in one. A loud, blaring alarm accompanies a light-up pill box to let you know which pill to take.
- Top displays the time and indicates a low battery.
- Anti-skid bottom provides secure placement.
- American Lifetime Day Clock
- A clear display spells out the time, date, day of the week, and the period of the day on this convenient alarm clock. Set several daily multi-function alarms, making it the perfect medication reminder.
- Does not feature confusing abbreviations to ensure an easy-reading experience.
- Packaging intentionally excludes words such as Alzheimer’s, dementia, and memory loss to make it the perfect gift.
- Tabtime Vibe Vibrating Pill Timer Reminder
- Five large tablet compartments combined with five audio and vibrating programmable alarms make this medication reminder system an essential and convenient tool. This medication reminder device allows you to set alarms once to occur every day until you change them. Easy setup and display provide extra convenience.
- Slim design allows easy storage in a pocket or bag.
- Audio and vibrating alarms can be set separately and simultaneously.
Medication Reminders for Seniors via Smartphone
Medication dispensing systems for elderly people can utilize technology for maximum effectiveness. Check out these reminders, some of which work hand-in-hand with a medicine dispenser, to use with a smartphone.
- Pill Reminder and Medication Tracker by Medisafe
- This mobile app provides reminders for all medications, including notes such as “take with food.” You can also send your family and friends notifications and record medication progress reports to send to doctors. Refill reminders ensure you don’t run out of doses.
- Monitors drug-to-drug interactions.
- Available on Android and iPhone.
- Med Minder
- Phone calls and mobile notifications make Med Minder the ideal medication reminder service for senior individuals. This pill dispenser, which can be rented for a monthly fee, features locked compartments that only unlock at scheduled times. Visual and auditory alerts occur at 30-minute intervals. First the compartment flashes, the dispenser beeps, and finally, the user receives a phone reminder. If the user still has not taken their medication, then all caregivers will receive an email or text.
- Caregivers can record messages for their loved one so they can hear a familiar voice.
- Get it here.
- Sagely Smart Weekly Pill Organizer
- This seven-day pill box features a free reminder app for Apple and Android devices to ensure you never forget a dose. The large design fits all medications and vitamins to ensure all pills are together and organized. However, the box is also small enough for daily and weekend travel.
- BPA free.
- Get it here.
A professional in-home caregiver can also give medication reminders.